Caledon Ski Club has expanded our Mountain Biking Trail this season. If you didn’t know, each summer the OPS team cuts a course from the Main, around the West, and back. This year the path has been remarked and expanded around Kandahar and the East Hills.
Members can park at the Main Lodge and bike in a one-way circuit of the Club. Biking is currently available only to Members of the Club. Guest access will hopefully be added soon so stay tuned.
Before coming, please read through the full list of rules. A copy is posted at the starting of the Trail, at https://caledonskiclub.com/bikingrules and listed below.
1) STAY IN CONTROL. You're responsible for avoiding objects and people.
2) KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Ride within your ability. Start small and work your way up.
3) PROTECT YOURSELF. Use an appropriate bike, helmet, and protective equipment. Helmets are mandatory.
4) INSPECT AND MAINTAIN YOUR EQUIPMENT. Know your components and their operation prior to riding.
5) INSPECT THE BIKE TRAILS AND FEATURES. Conditions change constantly; plan and adjust your riding accordingly.
6) OBEY SIGNS AND WARNINGS. Stay on marked bike trails only. Keep off closed trails and features.
7) BE VISIBLE. Do not stop where you obstruct a bike trail, feature, landing or are not visible.
8) LOOK AND YIELD TO OTHERS. Look both ways and yield when entering or crossing a road or trail. When overtaking, use caution and yield to those ahead.
9) TRAILS ARE MULTI-USE. Bikers must yield to hikers at all times
10) COOPERATE. If involved in or witness to an incident, identify yourself to staff. Report the accident to email@example.com
11) Bike trails are unsupervised; supervision of children is strongly recommended.
Know and Follow the Code. It is Your Responsibility.